Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual carraige way closure

Options
  • 20-02-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

just wondering if anybody knows did the shannon/ennis to limerick carraige way close for a few minutes this evening for some reason about 17:30 in or around bunratty cratloe:confused:

Comments

tony300+ wrote: »
    just wondering if anybody knows did the shannon/ennis to limerick carraige way close for a few minutes this evening for some reason about 17:30 in or around bunratty cratloe:confused:

A crash probably

• Registered Users Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭phog

tony300+ wrote: »

I think a fallen tree had to be removed/made safe

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

I think it was a section of a tree caught on overhead powerlines that was dangling on the wires over the center of the carriageway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I think it was a section of a tree caught on overhead powerlines that was dangling on the wires over the center of the carriageway

I saw a branch (less than a metre in size) of a tree hanging there on Monday, though only glanced at it, didn't think much about it. It was in the middle over an overhead powerline coming from Limerick passing Bunratty. I'd assume we are taking about the same thing. Probably a precautionary measure more than anything, as it would be likely to fall down and potentially could, cause an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw that branch every day and knew that one morning it would land on me. I'm sure the fact the wires were live or something meant they has to close for a time. Can't poke the sucker with a stick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement