Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at houses in Navan

Options
  • 20-02-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey guys,

Me and my partner are looking to purchase a house up in Navan. We noticed some houses that appear to be lovely, going for more than reasonable prices in Abbeygrove and we're thinking they're nearly too good to be true. Does anyone know anything about the area and would it be the type of place for a young family to bring up a child or two... or three... depends on how much she tells me we're having ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Abbeygrove's a nice area, the estate's well kept, it's right beside the new park, three primary schools are very close too and easy walking distance from the town centre. I'd say the prices reflect the age of the estate, it was built in the early eighties IIRC, so insulation etc might not be as good as the more modern houses elsewhere, on the plus side they had better gardens, parking, space than most of the new stuff. I live close to it, don't let that put you off though lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

That's generally a nice area of the town. You'd be near the pool and within a stones throw to the shopping centre (quicker to walk from there at times)

Woodlands is another area to consider that's near the centre of the town with similar services in it's proximity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Yeah Abbeygrove is a nice part of the town, just around the corner from me. As others said you have your pick of schools and great swimming pool within walking distance. It is an older estate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Older estate, but probably better built than some of the last few estates during the boom that went up on wet foundations, only time will tell.
    Balreask is good, Glenveigh, Athlumney castle,to name but a few

Advertisement