Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any market in a ps3?

Options
  • 20-02-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    So my kid now wants a ps4 and not the xbox 1, put the ps3 up for sale fat 40gb model, spotless and perfect, never any issues. 20 games all boxed, 3 dual shock controllers, but not even a sniff.

Is it worth leaving it up or is there no market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    So my kid now wants a ps4 and not the xbox 1, put the ps3 up for sale fat 40gb model, spotless and perfect, never any issues. 20 games all boxed, 3 dual shock controllers, but not even a sniff.

Is it worth leaving it up or is there no market?
    You'll probably have a hard time shifting one with 40gb hdd space. I've 160gb and its killing me with ps+

It might be worth investing in a bigger hdd for it or dramatically lowering the price. To be honest, unless you had great games I didn't already have, I'd be looking at less than 100 for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

yeah cheers, might throw in my wheel stand pro and driving force gt pro wheel then.... was hoping to keep it but hey ho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd keep it..there's some great games on the PS3 etc not on PS4 that you could still play.
    I flogged my Xbox 360 for Xbox 1 and then swapped it for PS4 and I'm half thinking of getting a PS3 as well as there's some great games out there I have't played like GTA5 etc.
    For what you'd get for it I'd hang onto it and it can be a backup one for when the kids are on the PS4 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Definitely hang on to it and swap out the hard drive. You're going to need a PS plus subscription to play PS4 online anyway so you will avail of 2 free PS3 games a month along with the free PS4 games.
    I use my PS3 far more than I use the PS4, mainly down to PS plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

If you've no issues keep hold of it..
    Unless your selling a slim or 500gb version there's very few takers out there and just saying the fat model will have YLOD warning lights flashing. I had the 60gb version and it started YLOD-ing last year, I ended up getting a new 500gb GOW SE last May. Couldn't justify waiting for a new PS4 which wouldn't get played regularly.
    There's a great back catalog in the PS3 library too...I've about 10 games that I've still to get into and some of the games in the last year are only realising the full potential of the PS3..You seem to like your racing games and GT6 on the PS3 is pretty spectatcular..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I picked up a slim last week for 80 quid with fifa 14 and gtav, defo not worth selling mate as its worth a 100 quid just for bluray and netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you can afford to keep it the do and sign up for PS+. Lots of life left in the PS3

Advertisement