Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a garda clearance (visa issue New Zealand)

Options
  • 20-02-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I have to be vetted for a new job (care worker with elderly) over the next few weeks.

I've googled, can't find out exactly if my time overseas affects the vetting.
    I have never committed a crime in Ireland/NZ (apart from overstaying my visa.. had major issues with my visa)

Will this affect my vetting?

I lived o/s for 4 years.

I've had four addresses in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

you'll need to account for your time away, contact the authorities in the region/county you where living to get "vetted" for your time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

you'll need to account for your time away, contact the authorities in the region/county you where living to get "vetted" for your time there.

Even if I was illegal for some time there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

well there's your problem... the problem with doing anything illegal is later in life you may need to have a clean slate for a job, sure just try it anyway and see what they say

Advertisement