Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW In the Spotlight #17: CastorTroy

Options
  • 20-02-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭

This week you all have CastorTroy to grill with your questions!

Rules:
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster should be answering the questions.

First Questions
    What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?
    What keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?
    What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?
    Where did your username come from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Favourite wrestler of all time?
    WCW or WWF?
    Favourite sport outside of wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If you were a wrestler, what would be your name and gimmick?

Whos your fav Simpsons character?

Which wrestler do you hate the most?

Which wrestler on the current NXT roster will go be the next to break through and succeed on WWE ?

Favourite gig youve been to?

Fav Theme music ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Who would you have break Takers streak?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

Any superstar from WWE or TNA currently you would repackage and push and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?
    When I was younger, a family friend would tape them for me and my brother. Also a firend of mine was big into it so we would talk about it.
    What keeps you interested in it?
    Was actually away from it from about WM10 up until it started on Channel 4 where I then started watching Heat, so I basicaly missed nearly the entire Attitude era. So Channel 4 was my only source for a long time, until I got decent internet access.
    But short anser is, I don't really know. Guess I don't know how to stop in case I miss something. :)
    How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?
    Started really posting on boards over the past couple years and decided to look around and saw this place was pretty active.
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    We can leave??? But Bounty Hunter said I could never leave. :(
    Nah, like I said it's an active forum and manageable. I see other places and they could be nearly dead or have too many posting and can't keep up. This place has great community spirit and posts don't get lost in a pile.
    Also I'm 33 so finding others my age into wrestling around here isn't easy to do.
    What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?
    I'm pretty boring in that sense. Just tv, movies, comics and playing games.
    What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?
    The moment that I'll always remember, which sadly was tarnished by later events, is Benoit and Eddie, both as champions, in the ring at the end of Wrestlemania.
    Where did your username come from?
    Character played by Nicolas Cage John Travolta in Face/Off

• Advertisement

Favourite wrestler of all time?
    Tough call. For great matches when I used to watch him, Bret Hart.
    But at the moment, I'm really enjoying Daniel Bryan just for everything that's happening with him.

WCW or WWF?
    WWF. Though I was mainly a NWA/WCW guy back when UTV had it.
    Favourite sport outside of wrestling?
    Not a sports guy, sorry. Though I keep meaning to get back into Judo.

If you were a wrestler, what would be your name and gimmick?
    I had a pretty good answer for this, but now I can't remember. Will come back if I think of it. Though a sarcastic Irishman would probably be the gist of it.

Whos your fav Simpsons character?
    Between Homer and probably Milhouse. Just because I like the line "Everything's coming up Milhouse"

Which wrestler do you hate the most?
    Won't say hate, but I find Del Rio really boring to listen to

Which wrestler on the current NXT roster will go be the next to break through and succeed on WWE ?
    Outside Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville, it's hard to tell since the gimmicks everyone has on NXT wouldn't really translate. Though Colin Cassidy could make it with his size.

Favourite gig youve been to?
    I was going to say Josh Ritter or Rodrigo y Gabriela, but I think this goes to Ocean Colour Scene. They played a local nite club here. The club was having trouble with their alcohol licence at the time so everyone was allowed to bring in a carry out. So was a really relaxed atmosphere and was like an indoor festival

Fav Theme music ever?
    I'll admit I was a fan of Maven's. But ever, I couldn't answer since we'd have Macho Man and others

Who would you have break Takers streak?

I think it would be a bad idea for anyone to do it. Because whoever did it would have to then carry on a similar streak to make it look good. Which means they'd have to either have been undefeated at WM before that and reliable or be brand new, which wouldn't be a good idea as the reliability factor would be in play again.

Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

Don't drink, but I do have a habit of randomly singing songs. Inside my head's like a jukebox so could be anything. I'm a living musical. :)
    As for karaoke, only time I've done it was with a group of guys in Portugal singing Uptown Girl and then, with my brother, what else but Hills of Donegal.

Any superstar from WWE or TNA currently you would repackage and push and why?

I would push Tyson Kidd. I liked him before he went out injured. He never really got a chance. And he's a guy who could be a non-indy little guy who could. Just get him away from anyting to do with Total Divas for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Favourite invasion moment. Whether it's Nexus, ECW or The InVasion itself.,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who do you think is the most overrated and most underrated on the current WWE roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Whats your favourite movie of all time?
    If you were to make your debut in WWE who would you choose as your first opponent?

Favourite invasion moment. Whether it's Nexus, ECW or The InVasion itself
    Having never watched later WCW like Nitro and all, the best invasion parts could be summed up in 2 words "Stacy" and "Torrie" :pac:

Who do you think is the most overrated and most underrated on the current WWE roster?
    For overrated, I will go with someone who WWE insist on pushing and that's Big Show. I don't dislike him, but the whole thing with taking Bryan's spot was annoying.

For underrated, Ive already mentioned Tyson Kidd above, but another guy I'd like to see them do more with is Heath Slater. Like a lot of people, I enjoyed what he did with the legends but then it didn't really help him in the long run.

Whats your favourite movie of all time?
    Hard to choose but outside the obvious choices like BTTF, Usual Suspects, Shawshank, Stand By Me or The Thing, I guess my favourite would be The Warriors. I can watch that movie any time.

If you were to make your debut in WWE who would you choose as your first opponent?
    Undertaker at WM. :D
    Failing that, I would go with Cena with him giving an opportunity to a new guy similar to how he made his debut.
    Though if I was more agile and experienced in this fantasy world, it would have to be Bryan who could work a fast moving match.

Advertisement