Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish paranormal encounter on TV show?

Options
  • 20-02-2014 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

I remember watching this paranormal TV show/documentary in the mid/late 90's on the Discovery channel about this paranormal encounter in Dublin (don't ask me where exactly) I remember there was this pub and behind the pub there was this hill with a run down and secluded house on top of the hill that had some sort of rumours about it and there was three people who decided to go visit it and the went inside it and heard some noises and ran but only two came out I can't recall what exactly happened to the third person but he came out some time later and claimed he had "supernatural" encounter.

Did anyone here of this story before or know what this paranormal TV show was? I would appreciate any help identifying this story as I was only 5 or 6 at the time but still remember it well enough. Please no disrespect or joking as I genuinely want to know.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Sounds like the location of the Hellfire club overlooking Rathfarnham but I don't recall the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

I'm nearly sure the program you're talking about was called The Scariest Places On Earth, hosted by yer wan from The Exorcist, Linda Blair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

RTE filmed at the Hellfire Club in the 70s, but I guess it wasn't that. The Linda Blair programme only went to Charleville and Leap Castle, so it wouldn't have been that.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Rasmus wrote: »
    The Linda Blair programme only went to Charleville and Leap Castle, so it wouldn't have been that.

I beg to differ. Season 2, episode 25 of The Scariest Places On Earth did indeed feature a visit to the Hellfire club.

Advertisement