Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champion Pool

Options
  • 20-02-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Ok so I need to focus on a champ pool which allows maximum flexibility in terms of counterpicking, impact on game etc. Would like to dilute the 100+ champs to 15 - 20 and focus on playing them as well as possible.

What I was thinking was:

Top: Jax, Renekton, Shyvana
    Mid: Ziggs, Kayle, Le Blanc,
    Jungle: Wukong, Elise, Vi
    Adc: Jinx, Caitlyn, Sivir
    Support: Leona, Thresh, Annie

Any obvious omissions? Left out Lee Sin because of the high skill cap and investment time needed to learn, left out Gragas and Yasou because i think they will be nerfed pretty hard, left out Mundo because he is banned a lot and dont really enjoy playing him, kassa is never available. I think mastering an assassin like Kat or Akali may be something I need to add.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

All your picks are in the top 23 most used champions at the moment and thay are popular for a reason, all solid picks imo. Picking up an Assassin or two could be a good idea. Kha'zix and Katarina both in a good spot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

AMUMU-4-JUNGLE

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Zed though.
    Lucian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I'm not a fan of Zed or Lucian and amumu frustrates me early game. Think I will consider adding amumu though as he is really effective in bronze

I went 19-2 as amumu jungle as I did the climb from bronze 3 to silver 4. 89% win ratio or something retarded like that. Hate giving out tips like that but his effectiveness quickly diminishes at gold ELO so I don't mind.

On a side note; glad to see they changed sivir I played her a lot last season but she used to get wrecked in lane by cait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

In my opinion you're trying to play too many champions.

n1ck wrote: »
    In my opinion you're trying to play too many champions.

How many do you recommend?

Playboy wrote: »
    How many do you recommend?

I think in general you should know two roles(saying that I can play 1 well, 2 fairly average) and just 3 champs in that. There is crossover with some champs that can play in multiple roles like Shyvana you could play top and jungle. I'd primarily aim to excel in one, then know a few champions that can play multiple roles.

n1ck wrote: »
    I think in general you should know two roles(saying that I can play 1 well, 2 fairly average) and just 3 champs in that. There is crossover with some champs that can play in multiple roles like Shyvana you could play top and jungle. I'd primarily aim to excel in one, then know a few champions that can play multiple roles.

In solo queue thats a bit difficult no? I generally dont adc as I'm a terrible adc and 9 times out of ten I can avoid playing that role. If I restricted myself further then I think I would struggle. I am comfortable top, support and jungle and if I need to mid I can use ziggs as he is such a safe pick and can farm all day from his turret. I do want to pick up some more mobile mid champs though. 4/5 roles is sensible imo but I do agree that learning champs that can play multiple roles if preferable. For instance Jax can top and jungle, shyvana can do the same as can Wukong. I have played Leona and Taric a lot and have been trying to pick up thresh recently so support, top and jungle are nearly covered. Mid is my remaining weak spot which I think I need to address

Playboy wrote: »
    In solo queue thats a bit difficult no? I generally dont adc as I'm a terrible adc and 9 times out of ten I can avoid playing that role. If I restricted myself further then I think I would struggle. I am comfortable top, support and jungle and if I need to mid I can use ziggs as he is such a safe pick and can farm all day from his turret. I do want to pick up some more mobile mid champs though. 4/5 roles is sensible imo but I do agree that learning champs that can play multiple roles if preferable. For instance Jax can top and jungle, shyvana can do the same as can Wukong. I have played Leona and Taric a lot and have been trying to pick up thresh recently so support, top and jungle are nearly covered. Mid is my remaining weak spot which I think I need to address

Kayle is a rewarding mid champ to play and very fun to learn. Only 450 IP as well!

• Advertisement

Generally if you mention you're poor at a certain role, someone will take it. I can literally play 1 role well and 1-2 average at best. I'd avoid Taric altogether, he is useless as he provides no lane presence at all(depending on elo), he's good vs a full AD team but that's it. Spreading yourself thin is just jack of all trades, master of none situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

If I join a lobby and I'm last pick, and say I don't play ADC, you can be sure I'll get ADC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I try to focus 1 champion per lane so I am pretty decent with them. I don't believe in counter champions. Sure it can be a bit more annoying to fight 1 champion against the other but the better player will always win in the end.

Top: Cho'gath
    Mid: Lux
    Jungle: Lee sin
    ADC: Jinx
    Support: Thresh

all my favorite and most played champs. But I main in mid Lux.

Have changed the champs I play slightly

Support: Leona, Taric, Thresh Morgana, Nami
    ADC: Don't play this role!
    Mid: Ziggs, Kayle, Vlad, Le Blanc
    Top: Jax, Wukong, Shyvana Malphite
    Jungle: Jax, Wukong, Shyvana Yi

Have bolded the champs I play in ranked. Still learning the others in bots/normals before taking them ranked.

Get Cait for ADC. Super safe and scales well into the late game (not the best though)

Advertisement