Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good VET near Malahide

Options
  • 20-02-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can anyone recommend a good Vet near Malahide? Ideally not too far. I have a cat.

I'd prefer not to use the Malahide Vet anymore. It would also be good to hear what you all think of the vet in Malahide but I have had some bad/confusing experiences with them.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

I'm in malahide and I go to o'scanaills in swords they're by the travelodge roundabout. I have a cranky cat, nervous dog and a stubborn tortoise and all have got kind and top notch care there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 earring

"cranky cat, nervous dog and a stubborn tortoise" Love it!

My cat is actually an angel to deal with, he sits nicely on my lap at the vet waiting room and doesnt mind going in. When I take out his carry case at home, he jumps in immediately. I must be lucky, ha ha!

I just had a few bad experiences with the Malahide clinic and I don't trust them fully anymore.

I looked into a vet in Clontarf, Denis something - I wonder are people still happy with him? Previous reviews are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

earring wrote: »
    I looked into a vet in Clontarf, Denis something - I wonder are people still happy with him? Previous reviews are good.

Denis Shannon, Bull Wall in Clontarf. I was going to mention him but wasn't sure if you'd go that far. Highly recommended from me still. Have sent lots of people to him and have yet to hear a bad complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yep, have sent a lady to Denis on the back of a recommendation from Anniehoo and she and the dog both love him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Toulouse wrote: »
    Yep, have sent a lady to Denis on the back of a recommendation from Anniehoo and she and the dog both love him!

Aw fantastic. He's especially great with cats which not all vets are so I've 3 friends with cats who only go to him now. Different vets are great with different species so it's always important to find one that actually understands and likes treating the type of animal you own.

Thanks all - I went to see Denis today and I was delighted with him! Very professional and knew what he was talking about. I will definitely go back.

and yes, totally fine with traveling from Malahide to Clontarf if the vet is good. That's not a long drive and the main thing is that my cat is being looked after. Thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

For future Noah baldoyle

Advertisement