Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movin On.

Options
  • 20-02-2014 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

Well folks, unfortunately I have to retire this handle. Goldie fish has become too prolific in the 15 years since I first begun using it, and my personal security is now at risk.

Thank you for the debate. See you all in the real world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

So long.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

R.I.P to that handle :/
    One of the finest posters round these parts.
    Thanks for the info and debate you shared and provoked.
    If I ever suss who your new alias is....
    I'll never tell ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Sorry to see you go
    take care and maybe we'll see you around sometime soon
    bon voyage - and remember
    "When once a man is launched on such an adventure as this, he must bid farewell to hopes and fears, otherwise death or deliverance will both come too late to save his honor and his reason."
    CS Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

vommit inducing tripe alert, but anyway...

i'd like GF to know that i believe he has done more than anyone else i can think of to create public awareness of the work of the DF and to bring the attention of those who matter to the things that impare the DF that others would prefer - out of embarrrassment or parsimony - to keep quiet.

without wishing to get all american about it, he has served his country, in uniform and out, to the great advantage of his country and people. that he is forced to 'retire' from the work of a lifetime because of the personal cost of that work is a great loss to his country and people - they will be less well served, and less safe as a result.

and no, i've never shagged him.

Advertisement