Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LitReactor

Options
  • 19-02-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever used the LitReactor website? It's a paid membership site where you get "points" for reviewing other people's work, and once you've built up enough points, you can submit your own work to be reviewed.

I'd be concerned that the review quality might be low if people are just posting to earn points, but if people are paying money to join the site, maybe they'd be encouraged to put in some quality.

Anybody have experience with it here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RobCallo

I haven't used the site you mentioned but I have used Critique Circle for awhile. It's completely free and it's members are extremely friendly, honest, and constructive. Why pay when you could have your work critiqued for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭buiscuit2168

Hi

I just looked at Critique circle and its not free you have to pay, not a lot but still have to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Hi Antilles.

I've been floating around Litreactor for a while (they have some great open resources) and toying with the idea of subscribing. Signed up today.

As far as I can tell the standard of critique is very high and detailed. A lot of users will post comments but also re-upload the story in Word Doc with comments. The person who posted the comments gets to rate them as very helpful, helpful and not helpful. If a comment is rated as not helpful, the user doesn't get any points, which stops people posting just for the sake of earning points.

I went for payment where it is $9 a month, so if I don't get a lot of use out it, I can just cancel it without too much expense.

Advertisement