Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting time for carer's?

Options
  • 19-02-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what the average waiting time is for carers allowance? Just posted my application today.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

unless it has improved significantly, you could be waiting 6/8 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

You can go to the CWO for an SWA while your waiting, but its means tested.
    In the meantime, if you get a y further evidence of the carees need of full time care and attention be sure and forward it to Longford.

CrankyMama wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what the average waiting time is for carers allowance? Just posted my application today.

Thanks

Have you been awarded Domicilliary Care Allowance by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CrankyMama

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Yes mrsbyrne, just got awarded the DCA last week. It said in letter I may qualify for the carers so just decided to apply.

CrankyMama wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Yes mrsbyrne, just got awarded the DCA last week. It said in letter I may qualify for the carers so just decided to apply.

You don't have to send any medical evidence at all.
    You shouldn't be waiting that long as there's no medical issue, just the means test.
    All will be well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Coolaboola2

How did you get on with the carers allowance ? Im in the very same spot just recieved the DCA and Im just about to put in for the carers. Im a full time carer for my son. waitng for the dca for 9 months but got it in the end

How did you get on with the carers allowance ? Im in the very same spot just recieved the DCA and Im just about to put in for the carers. Im a full time carer for my son. waitng for the dca for 9 months but got it in the end

My sister in law applied for DCA got it in July,applied for Carers Allowance in July, still waiting. They wrote to her in October requesting bank statements etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CrankyMama

Sorry only seeing this now. We were actually quite lucky time wise. I rang after 4 weeks to make sure the application was received and in process. I was granted the half rate carers about 3 weeks later. Fingers crossed for you.

Advertisement