Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG mobile internet

Options
  • 19-02-2014 3:22pm

Hope I'm in the right forum for this.

I'm giving my father my old Android device for occasional internet searches when out and about. His data requirements would be modest. 500Mb would probably do, but ideally around 2Gb a month. Is there any PAYG service where you can buy only the data package (no call time)? Alternatively, any provider doing 500Mb of data with a small call minutes top up? Does any provider allow you to roll over unused data? He's a pensioner so money is tight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

You could go with Tesco, top up a fiver, get the 1gB/30 day data add-on.

Better value if you top up by a tenner, double credit, so you have €15 left for calls or another data add-on if you use up the first gB.

Don't know about other providers.

Thanks for that. It didn't show up in my research, and it's the best deal I've seen.

Looks like the double credit is not available for new customers though
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/support/question.aspx?id=45

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

That's a pity, I hadn't realised. They must have pulled in enough subscribers with the double credit offer, classic loss leader. I'm still on the original plan they had, as the calls and texts are cheaper than the new plans.

Advertisement