Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing High Pitched Sound from Video

Options
  • 19-02-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

I was recording a live webinar in work. On the recording there is a high pitched frequency sound along with the presenters audio.

Anyone know a quick, free solution to fix this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

You could EQ it but I'd be fairly confident this would damage the quality of the speakers voice too much. It sounds as if your recording equipment isn't up to the standard you need for this kind of work, unless the sound is in the room when recording.

It is worth switching off anything you don't need in the room. CRT televisions and computer screens are terrible for that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

bbk wrote: »
    You could EQ it but I'd be fairly confident this would damage the quality of the speakers voice too much. It sounds as if your recording equipment isn't up to the standard you need for this kind of work, unless the sound is in the room when recording.

It is worth switching off anything you don't need in the room. CRT televisions and computer screens are terrible for that kind of thing.

The webinar was with an external speaker so it was his recording equipment that was the issue

deisedude wrote: »
    The webinar was with an external speaker so it was his recording equipment that was the issue

If there was a CRT type thing in the room, I would not place confidence in any recording system not to pick it up and would not immediately fault the presenter.

There is no practical and certainly no free way of getting rid of the sound live. If the seminar was not live then a plugin could be used but it costs money.

If the seminar is produced by the presenter completely and your involvement was just as a venue then maybe its an issue associated with the presenters setup but if what he was doing was being taken by you to then webcast, there is a possibility that your equipment is contributing by way of an unbalanced audio connection/ground loop.

If you can detail the exact equipment used by all people in list form them maybe a finger could be generally waved at something but that is really hit and miss.

If there was a CRT type thing in the room, I would not place confidence in any recording system not to pick it up and would not immediately fault the presenter.

There is no practical and certainly no free way of getting rid of the sound live. If the seminar was not live then a plugin could be used but it costs money.

If the seminar is produced by the presenter completely and your involvement was just as a venue then maybe its an issue associated with the presenters setup but if what he was doing was being taken by you to then webcast, there is a possibility that your equipment is contributing by way of an unbalanced audio connection/ground loop.

If you can detail the exact equipment used by all people in list form them maybe a finger could be generally waved at something but that is really hit and miss.

Thanks for the help. It looks like it might have been a bandwidth issue in the presenters location that may have been the issue. Anyway live and learn!

deisedude wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. It looks like it might have been a bandwidth issue in the presenters location that may have been the issue. Anyway live and learn!

Ahh, that's interesting. What did the bandwidth do?

• Advertisement

Ahh, that's interesting. What did the bandwidth do?

I'm not too informed on the subject but I got an opinion from a guy we have dealt with for video production and editing and he said he has seen it quite often that if you don't have enough bandwidth for doing the webinar it can cause the high pitched effect. Now thats just his opinion so it could have been something else entirely but it might explain why it didn't show up on a test run I did a few weeks beforehand

Advertisement