Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The season 3 dip

Options
  • 18-02-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I wonder if the Brits have it right-short series. ie Life on Mars. I gave up watching Homeland after season 2. I just could not buy a car with explosives being allowed park metres away from all those dignitaries. Too implausible

Same for Revenge. Got way too twisty. I know most Tv is implausible but these 2 shows went wild.
    I have doubts over Continuum.

I wonder if its a better idea to go for a miniseries on these theme shows?
    I know BSG was a good 4 year show as was the Sopranos (6 years) but the writing and plots on both shows were better thought out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Boardwalk Season 3 was the best for me, can work both ways and depends on original plans.

Alot of shows only have ideas for 1/2 seasons and then just run out of ideas e.g. Prison Break, lets break in/out/in/out etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Depends of the show and the people behind the show.

I find sitcoms are usually the worst culprits primarily because they rarely seem to have a destination. I imagine most of them start of with someone saying "do you know what might be funny" so they make a pilot. Then it gets a series, then it gets a second, etc and then the audience gets something like Two And A Half Men which is a sketch idea at most dragged out for nine season. Of course the main culprit in that particular audience are the millions of morons who still watch it.

Then you look at something like Fawlty Towers where the creators acknowledge that "OK, we've made enough of this, I don't see where else we can go with these characters".

Advertisement