Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anders Brevik - Mass Murderer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

let him at it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

But if hes treated nicely he'll be a changed man and wont commit mass murder again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's an interesting system, but it works.

"At less than 30%, Norway has the lowest reoffending figures in Europe and less than half the rate in the UK."

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

give the fucker an Arari jaguar!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Yes because treating a Mass Murdering Psychopath with kindness will turn him into a reformed man and outstanding citizen. He has some balls to even try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I think some cok eand hookers are the order of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I read that story yesterday and thought if a super computer was tasked with generating the ultimate splenetic AH thread, that would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Breivik is serving a 21-year prison sentence, which can be extended when it expires, for killing 77 people in bomb and gun massacres in 2011.

What what what what?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rawn wrote: »
    What what what what?

That sentence can be extended indefinitely, he'll never get out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

What what what what?

I'm guessing he'll serve the full term, before being let off with a new identity and a new address, depending on behavior and court decisions in the future. I'm hoping he'll in prison instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

What what what what?
    [flippant answer]Sounds about right for an criminal in Ireland ... [/flippant answer]

Seriously though wtf? Hunger strike because he wants better video games and "bigger" gym? In the article it says he hasn't actually started his hunger strike. He's "waiting for the response" of the authorities.

Sounds like he doesn't have the bottle for it. If he does great, let him die noone will miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

He's just trolling. He doesn't really want a bigger gym/better games, whatever. All he wants is to be on the front pages of the paper's again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Itzy wrote: »
    I'm guessing he'll serve the full term, before being let off with a new identity and a new address, depending on behavior and court decisions in the future. I'm hoping he'll in prison instead.

What do you think the victims lobby groups will have to say about that come the time? Huge pressure by both them and presumably the general public will keep him incarcerated.

Under Norwegian law there's no limit to the extension on the 21 year max sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/02/18/convicted-norwegian-mass-killer-anders-behring-breivik-goes-on-hunger-strike-demands-new-video-game-system/

Essentially he's threatening to strike for a new games console and better conditions. Personally, I'd say let him starve. After what he did in 2011, he's lucky he didn't get a bullet.

Adults have the right to make decisions for themselves.
    Bring the man his meals. Leave them there until they have either been eaten or the next meal is being brought. If he doesn't want to eat them, then fine. He's harming no one but himself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Under Norwegian law there's no limit to the extension on the 21 year max sentence.

Norway is a signatory to the ECHR. Prisoners serving exceptionally long sentences can bring a challenge against the government detaining them to the ECHR and will sometimes win.

I personally think he should be locked up for the remainder of his natural life but these indefinite extensions could one day be challenged and the authorities forced to release him.

Last year the ECHR forced the Spanish government to release a woman serving a 3,000 year sentence - and they had to give her compensation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Simple response, give him the gym, break his spine. Give him the games console, burn his hands to stumps with a blow torch

Adults have the right to make decisions for themselves.
    Bring the man his meals. Leave them there until they have either been eaten or the next meal is being brought. If he doesn't want to eat them, then fine. He's harming no one but himself.

Yes he's an Adult and I couldn't quite give a flying fúck what he does during his time in prison. What I do think is, he has some brass neck on him to be asking for such things as a games console and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Yes he's an Adult and I couldn't quite give a flying fúck what he does during his time in prison. What I do think is, he has some brass neck on him to be asking for such things as a games console and so on.

He has absolutely nothing to lose by chancing his arm. He killed 77 people. He's not going to be squeamish about asking for a playstation.
    It's the leftie cretins who will pander to this nonsense (and they will) are going to be the problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The big question is; PS4 or Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

kryogen wrote: »
    Simple response, give him the gym, break his spine. Give him the games console, burn his hands to stumps with a blow torch

That's kind of complex actually.

Not really simple at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The big question is; PS4 or Xbox One?
    He only has a Ps2... he is 2 generations behind the poor guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

He's just trolling. He doesn't really want a bigger gym/better games, whatever. All he wants is to be on the front pages of the paper's again.
    This.

The only reason he gave himself up on that island was so he could tell his story, get his picture on the news and get attention for his pathetic agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

He has applied for parole half way through his sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Tis a pity they didn't fill him up with lead just to be sure

Poor guy. Not to sound hyperbolic, but that sounds a million times worse than Guantanamo Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

There is little chance of him ever being released again. Any parole attempt will be futile as long as he hasn’t expressed remorse, and as long as he is classified as dangerous by his therapists.

He just wants a platform to spout his evil bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭billyhead

It must be sickening to see this cnut in prison at taxpayers expense. The death penalty should be a global punishment sentence. A life for a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I remember that well. That terrible atrocity was forced out of people's mind by the death of Amy Fcuking Winehouse the next day.

I stopped watching/reading/listening to the news that same day as it's clear that humans are morons.

Advertisement