Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internships

Options
  • 18-02-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All :)

I'm a recent graduate after 4 Years in college with a Honours Degree. I have applied for numerous jobs since finishing college but all require a minimum of 2/3 years experience but how can you get experience if you cant get a job?

Anyways, I have applied everywhere & anywhere & even applied for a Internship i seen advertised that im quite interested in as it is in my field i have studied & says that it is for 3 months period unpaid with the chance of full time employement after the 3 months. So i applied & got called for interview tomarrow.

I'm just wondering will i still get social welfare while im doing the internship as it isn't a JobsBridge Internship as i wont be able to afford to do it if i don't get social welfare i'm currently only getting €100 as im 24 years old anyways & wont be able to take it (if i get it) with the cost of travel, food etc.

Just wondering if someone knows anything about this or been in a similar situation?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 johnnyfox24

Hi Shellbell89, you might be able to do the internship through Job-bridge. The host employer just needs to register online.

If you have a look at the Jobbridge website it gives information for employers hiring interns. You could ask at the interview if they would do the internship through Jobbridge. That will mean that you'll be able to take up the internship and be able to cover the travel and lunch expenses.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement