Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samaritans

Options
  • 17-02-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to do it or not, but I just wanted to praise the wonderful people who volunteer their services in The Samaritans.

I've been going through a very very rough time recently and I really needed to talk to someone. Unfortunately it was very difficult to get an appointment with a counsellor and I needed to talk to someone so badly the other day that I ended up going to the Samaritans.

I was afraid that I was wasting their time going in there, as I wasn't suicidal or anything like that, but I badly needed to talk to someone. I told them this and that I felt as if I might be taking time away from people who WERE suicidal and who really needed help. However they told me not to worry about that and just to come in and sit down.

The gentleman I met (and he really was a gentleman) could not have been nicer to me. He was completely non judgemental, just sat down with me and listened to me talk. I did feel better for being able to talk to someone because at the moment, it's something that I'm unable to share with family and friends.

I just wanted to say to anyone who feels they need to talk, don't be afraid to contact them. You don't need to be suicidal and you won't be judged in any way.

I really think these people do an amazing job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Glad you went into the Samaritans when you felt the need to talk.
    You're right, a person doesn't need to feel suicidal to ring or call into them.

Advertisement