Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A list of people banned from keeping animals?

Options
  • 17-02-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can find out about somebody who has (apparently) previously been banned from keeping animals? I need to find out details of the ban, and specifically, if it has expired.

(This person is keeping animals in shocking conditions, and through the grapevine I've been told he has previously been banned, but I can't get much more concrete info. If I'm to take this further, I think it would help if I knew the details of any previous convictions or bans.)

Thanks very much indeed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Report him to the ispca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Ichabod Crane

Supertad wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know how I can find out about somebody who has (apparently) previously been banned from keeping animals? I need to find out details of the ban, and specifically, if it has expired.

(This person is keeping animals in shocking conditions, and through the grapevine I've been told he has previously been banned, but I can't get much more concrete info. If I'm to take this further, I think it would help if I knew the details of any previous convictions or bans.)

Thanks very much indeed.

Irrespective of whether they are currently banned from keeping such animals or not,I'd contact the ISPCA and/or the Gardaí immediately(if it's livestock,I'd also contact the Department of Agriculture).If they have previous in relation to the maltreatment of animals,then the ISPCA may be able to give you that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Supertad

The ISPCA need an awful lot of detail which I don't have - I'm doing this for an elderly friend who is a neighbour of this guy, and who is terrified of him. It's a tricky situation. I will go to the ISPCA but I thought given the specific circumstances, being 'armed' with specifics about a ban might be more useful and more quickly so.

The ISPCA need an awful lot of detail which I don't have - I'm doing this for an elderly friend who is a neighbour of this guy, and who is terrified of him. It's a tricky situation. I will go to the ISPCA but I thought given the specific circumstances, being 'armed' with specifics about a ban might be more useful and more quickly so.

This is curious!So you have already contacted them in relation to this matter?If so,I would have thought the onus is now upon the ISPCA to investigate this matter for themselves.Surely they should at least visit this person's premises to see what's going on there?If your friend is being intimidated by this person,then I think it's important to let the Gardaí know too.

Yeah, it's a weird situation. This is all happening in a very remote area of West Cork, and getting people to talk is proving really difficult. I'm off to the gardes tomorrow though...

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a weird situation. This is all happening in a very remote area of West Cork, and getting people to talk is proving really difficult. I'm off to the gardes tomorrow though...

Do let us know how you get on.

Will do, thanks.

Advertisement