Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get a 2G SIM ?

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it possible to get the older 2G SIMs form any of the networks now ?
    I've done some searching and it's looking like they can't be got now, but said I'd ask here in case anybody has any more info...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is it possible to get the older 2G SIMs form any of the networks now ?
    I've done some searching and it's looking like they can't be got now, but said I'd ask here in case anybody has any more info...

Newer sims are backward compatible so they may be 3g/4g sims but they will also work on 2g when inserted into an old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Newer sims are backward compatible so they may be 3g/4g sims but they will also work on 2g when inserted into an old phone.
    So they should work with one of these guys ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So they should work with one of these guys ?

It should work fine with anything except a 3 SIM. 3 tend to block their SIMs from working in 2G devices.

Advertisement