Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick nightclubs for 18/19 yo

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Some friends and I are heading to Limerick City this weekend and planning to go out Friday night. We are all 18/19 but we've heard that a lot of the nightclubs in Limerick are 20+ or 21+. Do any of ye know anywhere that's 18s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Some friends and I are heading to Limerick City this weekend and planning to go out Friday night. We are all 18/19 but we've heard that a lot of the nightclubs in Limerick are 20+ or 21+. Do any of ye know anywhere that's 18s?

Mollys but is more of a discobar. You might get in to other places if its quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The Icon and Orchards (or whatever its called) are over 18s?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

YFlyer wrote: »

Often apply a "over 20's" or 21's rule depending on their mood though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The orchard is 18s on Tuesdays and Thursdays anyway.Not sure about the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Thanks for the replies sounds like there aren't many that are 18s though... What about Angel Lane or Crush 87 are they 18s or 21s or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Maybe if your into more of an alternative scene you might try Costellos. I'm fairly sure they are 18 all week. Great pub and a nightclub upstairs for only €5 in.

YFlyer wrote: »
    The orchard is 18s on Tuesdays and Thursdays anyway.Not sure about the weekend

Ok just looked up the Orchard there and their nightclub is Crush 87 from what I can see? Used to be called Trinity Rooms, is that the place ye're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ok just looked up the Orchard there and their nightclub is Crush 87 from what I can see? Used to be called Trinity Rooms, is that the place ye're talking about?

Yep! That's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Thanks for the replies sounds like there aren't many that are 18s though... What about Angel Lane or Crush 87 are they 18s or 21s or what?

Icon is 20s.
    Angel lane is 20s at weekends, but if youre almost there they can maybe let you in. and. I think crush is the same...honestly at the weekend the only 18 place is.mollys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Sinbin is also 18's and do events from now and then with Karma. You could give them a look and see if they are doing anything when you are down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

If you like chart music and the whole commercial meat factory club vibe, then Icon or Angel Lane is for you...

Dolans warehouse, while not a full time club, puts on great electronic nights monthly. This Friday, promoters Macronite are hosting DjRum and a host of other great Dj's. Check it out on facebook....

I've been many, many times, and there's always a great bunch of very sound people there. But it's not chart music. More underground house/techno and the like, and an EPIC soundsystem.

Not exactly mainstream!

SamAK wrote: »
    If you like chart music and the whole commercial meat factory club vibe, then Icon or Angel Lane is for you...

Dolans warehouse, while not a full time club, puts on great electronic nights monthly. This Friday, promoters Macronite are hosting DjRum and a host of other great Dj's. Check it out on facebook....

I've been many, many times, and there's always a great bunch of very sound people there. But it's not chart music. More underground house/techno and the like, and an EPIC soundsystem.

Not exactly mainstream!

And it's 18's is it? Not 21s like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Nowhere in limerick.is 21s :)
    But ya macronite is 18s and if its this week def head along is great craic and really good music: D

Yeah defo 18's plus! I've never had trouble with the bouncers either, unlike some places (Smyths) where if you're not wearing the right shoes, it'll suddenly be 'not tonight bud'.

Here's a set by DjRum, who's closing the warehouse on Friday.

Lovely eclectic mix of all sorts, qualitaaayyy! I really want to go now....but i'm out of town for the weekend....

https://soundcloud.com/djrum/djrum-clashmagazine-mix

SamAK wrote: »
    Here's a set by DjRum, who's closing the warehouse on Friday.

Lovely eclectic mix of all sorts, qualitaaayyy! I really want to go now....but i'm out of town for the weekend....

https://soundcloud.com/djrum/djrum-clashmagazine-mix

Ok thanks man might check that out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Another UL Wolf

Crush say its 20s but they also say 20s on college nights on the facebook page in small writing it really is 18/19 but if your too drunk theyll use the 20s excuse

So OP, what did ya end up doing?

Went to macronite. It was really good I thought, well for the most part. I liked DJ Rum but my name is John wasn't as good. Wasn't as busy as I was expecting but there was a fair old crowd

Advertisement