Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral

Options
  • 17-02-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey guys.

With the mocks out of the way, I guess it's time to look at what's in store next for most of us; the orals. The exams in June don't scare me at all, but the orals, well that's a different story.

Thankfully I only have Irish and no other languages or I'd go crazy :P Over the next few weeks I just intend to immerse myself in the language as much as possible, so TG4 here I come!

I'm just wondering, do any of you have a list of topics that you're preparing? We did a good bit of work last year on it, but I was never really comfortable with what we'd done as my teacher did a very half arsed effort, so I'd rather just start fresh and know everything inside out than picking up from there. What can I do to get the best out of it as I possibly can?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Mé Féin
    Mo Chlann
    Mo Theach agus M'áit Conaithe
    Mo Chaitheamh Aimsire (sin iad Spórt, TV, An t-idirlíon, Ceol)
    Mo Scoil
    M'abhair Scoile
    Laethanta Saoire agus Taisteal
    Módh Choinníolach (Lotto, Dá mbeifeá i do phriomhoíde, Conas a dhéanfá cupán tae? etc.)
    Fadhbanna Soisialta
    An Deireadh Seachtain seo chaite/ seo chugann
    An Samraidh seo chaite/ seo chugann
    Post Páirt-aimsire
    Cad ba mhaith leat a dhéanamh tar éis an Ardteist?
    An t-idirbhliain

Optional (you can bring in yourself)
    An Polaitíocht
    An raibh tú tinn riamh? nó Timpiste a tharla nuair a bhí tú óg
    An teicneolaíocht
    Rudaí eile gur maith leat

This mightn't be a full list but even if you only know half this stuff you'll make up a good 6 mins or more of your conversation time

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Cheers! It doesn't actually seem as bad when you break it down into bits like that. Still the effort though :( Thanks though :D

Advertisement