Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia J woes

Options
  • 17-02-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

OMG - I bought this for my son in Autumn - me being an iPhone5 user didn't realise how bad an android can be ... (not EVERY android ...)

But it is a completely godawful phone. I wish I had known beforehand :( Only a few apps .... has taken up almost all of the miniscule ~700Mb memory, even after moving all of the ones that allow themselves to be moved. Every effort to explore settings takes an age while it 'calculates' .... and trying to find whether a podcast app (player FM) app is putting podcasts in the phone memory, the internal memory or the SD card is impossible ......... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Try using clean master for your ram, storage analyser to detect the podcast storage.
    You shouldn't if at all possible buy an android phone with less than 1gb ram. 2gb is par for the course now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Try using clean master for your ram, storage analyser to detect the podcast storage.
    You shouldn't if at all possible buy an android phone with less than 1gb ram. 2gb is par for the course now.

Thanks for the info. It has 2Gb but most of the apps won't allow moving them. The 32Gb SD is wasted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Root and link2sd?Link2sd can move almost all apps to the sd card with root access. I seem to be saying root is the best solution for anything android these days...

Advertisement