Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heir hunters

Options
  • 16-02-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post but it's worth a try. Does anyone know where to search for the estates of Australians ancestors/relatives.
    I have people in my tree who are based in Australia who originated in Tralee. I was just told that someone spotted a solicitors or heir hunters notice either online or in Tralee searching for relatives with my surname. Unfortunately this person cannot remember where they saw the notice. Does anyone have any ideas where one might begin to find this information.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You could check Kerry newspapers...kerryman is the indo local and there's Kerry's Eye as well. Probably could get them in the big Easons.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Sounds corny but have you tried Googling? Careful use of quotation marks works wonders ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Sounds corny but have you tried Googling? Careful use of quotation marks works wonders ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Maybe you could try the Folklore Department in UCD. I understand that in the 1930s and 1940s they recorded people telling stories about their lives. I think it may have been mainly rural based people that were interviewed but you could check with them to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I've tried Googling but so far nothing. Maybe I will mess around with the quotation marks ;). In the meantime, I've emailed the Kerryman and Kerry's Eye to see if they published the notice. It's driving me crazy because I'd love to know who it is, where they fit into my tree and I wouldn't mind a nice fat inheritance :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement