Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I need a new wheel brush

Options
  • 16-02-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

I need a new wheel brush.
    • Chemical Guys - Wheel Woolies
      Price: €49.95

2x7NxD4.jpg
    • Ez-Detail Wheel Brush
      Price: €24.95

M4dSsTl.jpg

The wheel woolies are expensive and that's what is putting me off them.

Id like opinions on the two choices, what do you use also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Have no experience with the Wheel Woolies, but the are used a lot by the guys on DW.

The Ez-Detail brush is a nice brush to use...the only thing to watch out for is the rubber bit at the top popping off which might lead to scratching of wheels. They are a much better brush than similar looking brushes and the spine of the brush is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Yea i notice the woolies are all the rage but c,mon, fifty quid for what they are.

But you are getting 3 brushes in various sizes and thickness - those 3 will cover all the bases when doing wheels!!
    1 Long enough to get to the back of the wheels
    1 Narrow enough to get into tight places
    1 to do most wheels

Plus they are MF so no risk of damaging the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Curran, are you going to get the wheel woolies into stock at some stage?

A few sets are planned in the next week or two!

• Advertisement

Curran wrote: »
    A few sets are planned in the next week or two!

Put me down for a set please and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

That blue one you have below is ok but i now use it for cleaning and applying autisol to the insides of my exhaust :p

Another option for around fifteen quid.

qXyNTAb.jpg

Another option for around fifteen quid.

qXyNTAb.jpg

The long brush is the only one that would be of any use on wheels. Even at that the spine looks like it would be a weak point and ive had similar brushes break at the handle.
    The brush to the right might be handy on wheel arches but not on wheels.
    The brush to the lefr is definitely not suitable...doesn't fit into narrow spokes, its stumpy and not that flexible so it's hard to work into tight areas.
    All, in my opinion of course! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭PGE1970

That red brush looks very like the Meguiars brush.

See here (hope I'm allowed post link)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/meguiars-wheel-spoke-brush/prod_189.html

I'm on my second after the first broke at the handle (as Curran said). OK brush, bends very easily and I'm worried when it will break again. I'll be looking elsewhere next time.

A more durable alternative would be interesting!

• Advertisement

I bought that Meguiars one in Halfords one day and saw that pack in Penney's later on in the day and felt ripped off. It's absolutely rubbish as far as I'm concerned. I like to get a nice lather when cleaning wheels but that'll give you nothing but watery aul sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I bought that Meguiars one in Halfords one day and saw that pack in Penney's later on in the day and felt ripped off. It's absolutely rubbish as far as I'm concerned. I like to get a nice lather when cleaning wheels but that'll give you nothing but watery aul sh!te.

It does a job but it's not great. Mind you it might be the wheel cleaner that I use also (Autoglym).

That was the last time that I've used Halfords. I've been to Chris & Dave since and will be back soon for more (looking for a nice deal ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Wheel Woolies Group Buy ???

^ :) ^

mickfoley.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

CleanCar stock wheel woolies but they're out of stock at the moment by the looks of things. I would love to get some so a group buy would be perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I would be in if there was a group buy for the Wheel Woolies.

I've tried different brushes and none are very good, waisted money so i should has saved the money and bought some of these in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

My EZ Detail brush handle came undone yesterday cleaning my exhaust tip insides, not as well made as i thought.

Sure they aren't designed for that but still way it's come apart is dissapointing and shows it's pretty poorly put together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

The best wheel brush I ever had was the BMW set, was reasonably priced and great quality. The bristles where really dense and never wore out. Rarely swapped the various attachments over as the main brush did the job. These were used on E34 metric rims so were severely tested!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine-Valeting-Alloy-Cleaning/dp/B009775U3O

Part no: 83 19 2 298 237

I'm actually going to order another set now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The best wheel brush I ever had was the BMW set, was reasonably priced and great quality. The bristles where really dense and never wore out. Rarely swapped the various attachments over as the main brush did the job. These were used on E34 metric rims so were severely tested!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine-Valeting-Alloy-Cleaning/dp/B009775U3O

Part no: 83 19 2 298 237

I'm actually going to order another set now.

Do they not look very harsh on the wheel. For me i think they would ruin my polished face. Wheel Woolies appear to be the boss. I was going to but a set last year. But realistically they were so hard to come by and out of stock in Europe it was a waste of time.

• Advertisement

Do the wheel woolies not have a handle on the end of them? It's a very weird looking design.

The 'brush' part itself looks grand, but they look like they'd be fairly awkward to actually handle?

Advertisement