Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition for adoptions from India

Options
  • 16-02-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm new to this board, I hope my post isn't inappropriate as I can see there are many threads regarding tracing. I do not wish to cause upset to anyone.

The Ireland India support group has set up a petition requesting the AAI to send packs to India as per the US and Mexico model ie the AAI to send them while waiting for an agency to open.
    They are also looking for the duration of Declarations and extensions to be extended in order to effect an adoption.
    This group have a meeting with Minister Francis Fitzgerald early March, it would be great if we could have over 1000 signatures of support.
    Once having read the petition and you agree with it, please sign it, ignoring the donate page which appears after you sign the petition . Please note your email address will not be visible.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/for-the-adoption-authority-of-ireland-to-send

I am an adoptive parent of a little girl from India and her sister is from Vietnam.
    Both Ireland and India are part of the Hague convention, which has strict guidelines with the child's paperwork , part of that is to ensure a local family is found to complete the adoption. Sadly due to various reason the child will be declined. What is been done to girl children in India is heartbreaking.
    There are millions of children ( these are the 'lucky' ones ) in orphanages in India.
    I am passionate that these children have a chance of a forever family. ( I am an adopted adult ) India is a changing country....... who knows what the future will bring, domestic adoption is now happening more and more in India and girls are been valued more ... however this is going to take time to change........and time is something these children don't have ( they are been aged out of adoption ie too old ) and the prospective adoptive parents are been aged out as well.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post and for looking at the petition.

Amamum

Advertisement