Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places for Anime in Sligo?

Options
  • 16-02-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I'm a huge Anime fan and was wondering, are there any places in or around Sligo that sell Anime?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hi EvilLizard! I'm from Sligo too, yay! (Sort of, I never liked it that much haha).

There has never been anywhere in Sligo that sold anime really but I have to say that I haven't lived there full time in quite a few years so I wouldn't be 100% clued in. The ONLY place I can think of is HMV - I don't know about the Sligo branch but other branches usually have a little bit at least. A few Studio Ghibli films and maybe a Naruto DVD or 2. To be honest, even Dublin is pathetic for selling anime so I doubt you're gonna find much in Sligo.

Best bet for getting your anime legally is to buy online (amazon carry a fair bit) or subscribe to an online service such as Netflix (the American one has a fair few titles) or Crunchyroll. You could also try to attend a convention such as Eirtakon or Nom-Con as they will have a ton of DVDs for sale in their trade halls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 XxEvilLizardxX

Konata wrote: »
    Hi EvilLizard! I'm from Sligo too, yay! (Sort of, I never liked it that much haha).

There has never been anywhere in Sligo that sold anime really but I have to say that I haven't lived there full time in quite a few years so I wouldn't be 100% clued in. The ONLY place I can think of is HMV - I don't know about the Sligo branch but other branches usually have a little bit at least. A few Studio Ghibli films and maybe a Naruto DVD or 2. To be honest, even Dublin is pathetic for selling anime so I doubt you're gonna find much in Sligo.

Best bet for getting your anime legally is to buy online (amazon carry a fair bit) or subscribe to an online service such as Netflix (the American one has a fair few titles) or Crunchyroll. You could also try to attend a convention such as Eirtakon or Nom-Con as they will have a ton of DVDs for sale in their trade halls :)

Thanks Konata! I actually checked HMV today, but found nothing. >~<

I think I might go and check Amazon for some dvds, thank you! ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh well, if HMV ain't got anything I'd say you're fairly out of options other than online so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

As well as Amazon, www.up1.co.uk can be pretty great for getting stuff. ;)

Advertisement