Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High heels for men

Options
  • 16-02-2014 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Did anyone ever wear a pair of these or liked to try a pair or know anybody that did, and are they comfortable.?

Might give them a try, just to see how they work.

https://www.bugarrishoes.com/?page=home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

As a female I have to ask,why bother?They are hidden lifts,take them off and you revert back to your original size,a bit like wonder bras!! Personally it just seems a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

As a female I have to ask,why bother?They are hidden lifts,take them off and you revert back to your original size,a bit like wonder bras!! Personally it just seems a waste of money.

Do you think wonder bras are a waste of money?

dango wrote: »

From a guy's point of view is it not seen as a case of slightly false advertising ( had a discussion many moons ago with a group of male friends and that was the general consensus)...,,,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Definetly not, I love my wonderbra :pac:

Us women do lots to alter our appearance. My dad has an old joke:

This lad was going to bed with the woman for the first time. She took out her hair extensions, fake eyelashes, padded bra and all the rest of her bits and pieces and put them on the window still. The lad didn't know whether to get in to the bed or the window!

Anyway, I digress, if it's comfotable and boosts your confidence, go for it!
    BTW I haven't tried these

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you do decide to go down the route, walk around the house with them. I'm 6 foot 6, and sometimes hit my head off the doorframe, and have caught the part of my trousers that the belt goes through in door handles. Oh, and get used to bending over when putting drinks on the table.

Being tall is great, but the grass ain't always so green on the other hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I don't see the point in women wearing them, let alone men.

Thats the most misleading photo ever in that link. In the first, he's further away from the camera (look at the carpet), in the second, she's dropped a hip and tilted her head. The height difference isn't nearly that pronounced.

That said, if it gives a man a boost - pun intended - than you've nothing to lose by trying them out. Horrible looking shoes though.

From a guy's point of view is it not seen as a case of slightly false advertising ( had a discussion many moons ago with a group of male friends and that was the general consensus)...,,,...

And how about makeup?
    The point I'm getting at is, it's all false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Candie wrote: »
    Thats the most misleading photo ever in that link. In the first, he's further away from the camera (look at the carpet), in the second, she's dropped a hip and tilted her head. The height difference isn't nearly that pronounced.

That said, if it gives a man a boost - pun intended - than you've nothing to lose by trying them out. Horrible looking shoes though.

Bingo on the above pic points!
    I also think it's Photoshopped rather badly, it doesn't look real at all to me.

Panthro wrote: »
    Bingo on the above pic points!
    I also think it's Photoshopped rather badly, it doesn't look real at all to me.

No, he's tiny in the first pic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Thanks for the repleys everybody, i'm probably misleading everyone here, height is not a concern for me even though i have five brothers all taller than me, two older and three younger. I was just thinking of wearing them as a trivia thing, like going out the odd night with the other half, them days of trying to pull or impress are long gone, well except for the missus.
    I was just looking for a pair of shoes and came across them and got a bit curious as to whether anyone ever wore them.

And how about makeup?
    The point I'm getting at is, it's all false advertising.

That's a very fair point,yes it enhances features but it generally doesn't completely alter an appearance.....unless it's troweled on good and thick:eek:

I could argue that you could do more with makeup to change someone's appearance than you could do with inch-high heels! But anyway that's just an aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's all a veneer though in the end. You can't hide your real height forever. It's the same as wigs. But I suppose whatever gives you a bit of confidence.

It's like some women go out with fake eyelashes, hair extensions, makeup, push up bra (or fake boobs), fake tan, fake nails. Take it all off and you see a totally different woman, the REAL woman. Not the facade.

Same with the bloke. I've met a few small lads in my time with bad cases of small man's syndrome. Wearing heels didn't enamour me to them either. Just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack Skellington

Did anyone else see this on the website? Sounds like something Ron Burgundy would come out with

Wearing a pair of Essentia shoes is the same as saying “I own the world”. These handmade Italian leather shoes are designed to suit the most successful feet. They are designer shoes carefully handcrafted in Italy, using the best calfskin leather on the market, and made to meet your every desire. You want to be taller with flair, be greater with style and become intensively stronger. That is why you should wear Essentia by Bugarri Shoes. You can reach a maximum height of 7 centimeters, for some this translates into + 7 centimeters of power and forcefulness. Essentia is Bugarri v2.0 or simply the best for the best. Our high-end collection offers you this little bit more, that certain something extra. You can’t put your finger on but it gives you extra cachet and respect. Every shoe is made for a purpose, every shoe has its specific moment. These shoes are a statement of who you are and where you’re heading to. These shoes are essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Eh no opinion on the shoes, whatever works for you I guess. On another note, the pics on the website are clearly misleading. Not photoshopped but in the before pic the man is standing further away from the camera than the woman to make him look smaller and in the after pic it is reversed. I doubt the difference in real life is as discernable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

His right foot looks very odd in the first pic!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

That rug was a serious mistake on their part - you can judge to within a centimetre how much each of them has moved between pictures!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't see the big deal, wear them if you want. Most men's formal shoes will give you a bit of a lift anyway.

Advertisement