Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bon Jovi's signature song?

Options
  • 15-02-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking, what do most people consider Bon Jovi's signature song? I'd personally say Livin' on a Prayer, but there's a few other contenders I could see being equal.

Bon Jovi's signature song? 36 votes

Livin' on a Prayer
    0% 0 votes
    You Give Love a Bad Name
    58% 21 votes
    Always
    13% 5 votes
    Bed of Roses
    11% 4 votes
    Wanted Dead or Alive
    5% 2 votes
    Bad Medicine
    8% 3 votes
    It's My Life
    2% 1 vote
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Has to be Livin' on a Prayer surely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The best song that he did was 'Blaze Of Glory'.

Superb short guitar solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thats the one for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

+1

You really can't beat a short guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I'd definitely go with 'Living on a prayer'.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Not my favourite Bon Jovi song, but I do think Living on a Prayer is their signature song.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Jeff Beck at his finest.

The song is also notable for being voted as "Best Song to Ride a Horse to in Slow Motion" by Blender Magazine......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd probably saying Livin' on a Prayer too, though it's far from my favourite. I was listening to Dry County (full version) the other night, christ almighty its just majestic...that guitar solo is sublime. I really love Santa Fe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pol_Axe

You Give Love A Bad Name

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

Dry county is an absolute classic, it didn't get the recognition it deserved, I listened to it alot when the country went burst, dry county sumed up where we were at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

As a grunge kid I'm always kind of surprise when I see young people who like Bon Jovi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Runaway

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

Signature song will always be Living On A Prayer (easily the song they are most identified with)

My fav is Always

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Blood on blood. Although Que Sera Sera always reminds me of the point in 89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'd have to say Livin' on a Prayer as well. But I'd say its very much of their 90's sound. Younger fans (and they seem to have a lot of them) might pick something else.

I put 2 or 3 songs ahead of Livin' on a Prayer even on that album. Wanted is probably my fav especially live. But I remember it Miami Vice!

Great live band. Was dragged against my will by the GF to a gig and was converted.

Advertisement