Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd Drive won't read dvd

Options
  • 15-02-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi

Recently my laptop won't recognise dvds. I have a Dell D430 it was working perfectly then all of a sudden the drive wouldn't open, when i pressed open the green light would just flash. I did get it open in the end though i just put a pin in the small hole near the open button, so i did get the dvd out but now it won't recognise any disc it just said please 'insert dvd'.

I don't know much about laptops so i just thought i'd ask on here, is there anything i could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

you could try reinstalling the driver, or to see if theres an updated version:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ie/en/iedhs1/Product/latitude-d430?s=dhs&~ck=mn

Select your "operating system" and under "Removable Storage" choose the correct DVD Drive you have.

You can find your DVD Drive model in Device Manager on your laptop.

At the top of the webpage there also "Analyze System for Updates", which might make the task simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 LaurenPam

Hi JohnJoe

Thanks for your reply. It says 'device is working proberly & is up to date yrt when i click 'eject' just to see if it would work it said 'error' i have no idea what's the problem
    johndoe99 wrote: »
    you could try reinstalling the driver, or to see if theres an updated version:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ie/en/iedhs1/Product/latitude-d430?s=dhs&~ck=mn

Select your "operating system" and under "Removable Storage" choose the correct DVD Drive you have.

You can find your DVD Drive model in Device Manager on your laptop.

At the top of the webpage there also "Analyze System for Updates", which might make the task simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Go to device manager, find your DVD from the list of devices and right click and choose uninstall, then reboot your laptop. When you reboot windows will automatically reinstall generic drivers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Mi1o

If the drive wouldn't open it's nothing wrong with drivers, probably drive to replace, it's old laptop with PATA interface, I recommend to buy new drive, cost about €10

Advertisement