Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best prepay plan for someone living abroad?

Options
  • 15-02-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all

So I live in the US and get home to Ireland once, maybe twice a year. When I'm in the US I turn my phone on once a month just to check messages. Currently I'm with meteor and they are locking my account when I don't top up regularly. What would be a good plan for me to switch to?

I want to not have to top every month and I don't want to have the phone account lock when it hasn't been topped up every few weeks. My wife has an O2 prepay that does this but she's been on the same plan for years, all the plans I see on the O2 website seem to require a minimum payment every month.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is none afaik, they all have monthly fees.
    Do you have a smartphone? Maybe only use Skype and get a Skype number? (you need wifi or mobile data or your end)

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA331/what-is-a-skype-number
    With a Skype Number (previously known as an Online Number), people can call you from mobiles or landlines and you can pick up the call in Skype. It’s perfect if you have friends, family or colleagues who don’t use Skype. Anyone can dial your Skype Number from any mobile or landline and you simply pick up the call on Skype.

Advertisement