Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi connection problem

Options
  • 15-02-2014 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Struggling to get a Dell Latitude connected to the Internet. Got a HDD from my dads laptop that was running Vista to replace a broken hdd. Have downloaded the WiFi adpter software via USB and Device Manager says it is running and configured correctly.
    However Network connection shows no Wifi networks in the house but more importantly am only Dial-up and broad band (PPoE) as the options for connecting to the internet. Device manager shows my WiFi adpter as working and present, Manage Network connections shows my Wifi adpter as Local Area Connection 2 with status being "Network cable unplugged". Am at a loss what to try.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Mi1o

Make sure Your WIFI is turned on by switch or on keyboard, depend of laptop model, and drivers are correct and working in device manager, will be very helpful if You can post print screen from Your device manager with visible network cards.

Advertisement