Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.3 on Xperia SP

Options
  • 14-02-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

I only got this phone 2 weeks ago and as soon as I got it home I got the Sony PC Companion for my laptop and immediately there was an update for it. Went thru the update and it got android version 4.2.1 on it. Brilliant. No complaints.

That is until 2 days ago, another update. So I updated it. My experience with it since getting 4.3 has been very, VERY short of impressive. It's laggy as fück. They removed my ringtone (it was a stock ringtone) from the list. The app menu is different, my app folders present differently when pressed. Long press on the power button used to give me the option of taking a screenshot, that option is gone, I've no idea how to do this now.

Who do I complain to and how do I restore it's previous version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Don't be daft, get used to it, you'll most likely not get another software upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Don't be daft, get used to it, you'll most likely not get another software upgrade

Why should I have to put up with the incredible lag out of a brand new phone with a dual processor??? This didn't happen with the old software. That's the main issue. The rest I can deal with, just about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

pajopearl wrote: »
    Why should I have to put up with the incredible lag out of a brand new phone with a dual processor??? This didn't happen with the old software. That's the main issue. The rest I can deal with, just about.

Did you try a factory reset to fix the lag, that's the third version of Android you have had on it. Upgrade of any OS can cause problems and bugs, happens on a pc too, it's best to start with a clean slate. That's the first thing I'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Did you try a factory reset to fix the lag, that's the third version of Android you have had on it. Upgrade of any OS can cause problems and bugs, happens on a pc too, it's best to start with a clean slate.

Will try that when I go home.

Advertisement