Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford delivery office

Options
  • 14-02-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭

Whats the best option to reach Waterford delivery office at Cleaboy road by bus or walk? I do not have a car. I live in People's park area.

I am always getting registered posts and parcel but since i am at work during the day time, i miss the postman always. I took taxi once to cleaboy and it costed 20 euros roundway, which is too expensive :(

I spoke to delivery office now, and they said they can't leave my parcels to nearby postoffice as it's their responsibility to take care of packages.

What can be done to solve this problem? :(

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm afraid I can't help you out on the public transport to Cleaboy but did you ever think of using Parcel Motel?

If you did they could delivery your parcel to the Topaz on the Dunmore Road and you can collect there anytime. It costs €3.50 per delivery but far cheaper than a taxi up to Cleaboy.

I'm not affiliated with Parcel Motel in case I get accussed of shilling but I am a huge fan of their service

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

You could get the bus from the Quay to Hillview and walk the rest, it's not too far that way?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think Parcel Motel would be an option for the future - as said, the Dunmore Road one would be reachable by walking from People's Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

which bus number is that please?

and approx how many minutes of walking from hillview to the postoffice?
    Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    You could get the bus from the Quay to Hillview and walk the rest, it's not too far that way?

3.5 euros is a bit expensive because I expect 2-4 parcels (books or small items) every week or then...so it would cost total 14 euros for 4 parcels...but thanks for letting me know about this service...
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm afraid there's little you can do.
    Get a bigger postbox or get delivered to a friend or neighbour otherwise you have no options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Ok, but if its a registered post, can they deliver it to the Waterford regional hopsital and receptionist can sign it perhaps?
    Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

5c bus goes to hillview and then its a 10min walk maximum to the industrial estate where the collection office is

I have been searching for 5C bus but couldn't find one at bus eireann website.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=248#Waterford

Is 5C running by another bus company? Can you please send me the link for it? So i can its schedule...
    Many thanks
    5c bus goes to hillview and then its a 10min walk maximum to the industrial estate where the collection office is

• Advertisement

I have been searching for 5C bus but couldn't find one at bus eireann website.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=248#Waterford

Is 5C running by another bus company? Can you please send me the link for it? So i can its schedule...
    Many thanks

its called the605 now and leaves frm hospital grounds

wowww

great news...i work in the hospital and I can take it from there...
    So, I have to take it from WRH to Oakwood, isn't it?
    its called the605 now and leaves frm hospital grounds

wowww

great news...i work in the hospital and I can take it from there...
    So, I have to take it from WRH to Oakwood, isn't it?

Get off at hillview entrance then walk as oakwood will mean a longer walk for u

ok
    pardon my ignorance but is hillview same as John's hill which is on the schedule? or hillview is supposed to come after the Ballybricken?
    Get off at hillview entrance then walk as oakwood will mean a longer walk for u

ok
    pardon my ignorance but is hillview same as John's hill which is on the schedule? or hillview is supposed to come after the Ballybricken?

Hillview is the second last stop on the route. If u not sure ask the driver when u get on to let u know when u get there and also look out for landmarks, the stop u want is opposite the roanmore gaa centre but more importantly has a sign that says hillview next to it, but as i said the driver will tell u if u ask him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Get the 605 let it go into Hillview, it usually stops there for a few mins but stay on the bus. When it comes out of Hillview and turns right, at next roundabout when it turns left, get ready to get off, as bus stop is right after the next left.

When u get off the bus walk back on foot path towards the trees and go in past a row of about 5 houses on one side and trees on the other.... back to roundabout, straight thru roundabout and up to sorting office.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1363363360-605.pdf

Fare is €1.90

Now! Anything else I can help you with:)

Advertisement