Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rearanging bathroom fittings

Options
  • 14-02-2014 1:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

I bought a house a year ago and lets just say they had some very odd tradesmen around the place down the years

in this case , the wash basin in the main bathroom is directly sited in front of the only window and therefore its not possible to place a mirrored cabinet behind as the window would be blocked out to a large degree

as such I was thinking of swapping the position of the wash basin with the toilet , I would then be able to mount a mirrored cabinet behind the wash basin , doing a bit of ripping is not an issue as im retiling the entire bathroom anyway so work is being carried out

my only issue is this , is having a toilet sited between a hand basin and a bath very odd , its usually to the side of both , is it not ?

ps , gaining access to the waste pipe underneath the floor is not a problem so its all about toilet location

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I bought a house a year ago and lets just say they had some very odd tradesmen around the place down the years

in this case , the wash basin in the main bathroom is directly sited in front of the only window and therefore its not possible to place a mirrored cabinet behind as the window would be blocked out to a large degree

as such I was thinking of swapping the position of the wash basin with the toilet , I would then be able to mount a mirrored cabinet behind the wash basin , doing a bit of ripping is not an issue as im retiling the entire bathroom anyway so work is being carried out

my only issue is this , is having a toilet sited between a hand basin and a bath very odd , its usually to the side of both , is it not ?

ps , gaining access to the waste pipe underneath the floor is not a problem so its all about toilet location

You could put a hinged mirror in the window space, but if you want to move things around, I see no reason not to.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 profit_hunter

Wearb wrote: »
    You could put a hinged mirror in the window space, but if you want to move things around, I see no reason not to.

its not the challenge of fitting a mirror , its just that I think having a mirror (literally ) in the window might look even more odd than having a toilet in between a bath and a sink

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

its not the challenge of fitting a mirror , its just that I think having a mirror (literally ) in the window might look even more odd than having a toilet in between a bath and a sink

Get a decorative seat for it and put a pot of flowers on the cistern, it'll be grand and you will have the light from the window to read your paper :)

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement