Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks

Options
  • 14-02-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Seen this launched on Wednesday on XBL has any one been playing it at all . played it myself for around an hour kinda find it disappointing so far ,was actually looking forward to it ,

Any opinions on it

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

played it alot on PC and was part of the beta testing for a long time.

To be honest it's crap on xbox compared to PC and people dont play it the same way on console as its played on PC.

But still for free you cant complain really

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

miju wrote: »
    played it alot on PC and was part of the beta testing for a long time.

To be honest it's crap on xbox compared to PC and people dont play it the same way on console as its played on PC.

But still for free you cant complain really

So far I'm getting 6v6 spending most of my time capturing bases after suffering one hit kills from players with the best of everything already ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Gatling wrote: »
    So far I'm getting 6v6 spending most of my time capturing bases after suffering one hit kills from players with the best of everything already ,

yeah that happens if you dont play your classes right. light armour vehicles arent really meant to engage enemies they are supposed to scount and get the fudge out of there when they spot enemies so your top tier classes can move in and engage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm playing it a lot was beta testing it for months, I enjoy it but it takes a bit of time to learn to play it and can be quite grindy at times but that's to be expected as a free to play game.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

I have been playing it since Wednesday and I think its fantastic, I have a light tank suped up, I drive really fast into the middle of the battle spot loads of enemies and leg it back behind some rocks or houses, Then come back out for another spotting run a couple of minutes later....... I have about 70% win ratio....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I am loving this game. On Tier 4 at the moment. Good laugh with mates, when you work as a team it can be really tactical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I haven't played it much since I started playing war thunder. I found that I would find a good spot or route and stick with it making it a bit samey. I prefer the garage battles in WT too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Having put a solid few hours a night now ,have to say I'm actually starting to like this ,
    Really helps if you upgrade your tanks then work as a team leave the cod style run and gun at the door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Gatling wrote: »
    Having put a solid few hours a night now ,have to say I'm actually starting to like this ,
    Really helps if you upgrade your tanks then work as a team leave the cod style run and gun at the door

There are some good youtube channels for it. Overviews can be good so you know the up and downsides of tanks and the weakspots.

Advertisement