Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gardai cctv

Options
  • 14-02-2014 12:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Lads, I'm doing an assignment on CCTV and one of the main parts are ''include how CCTV has helped gardai investigate crimes and give a recent court case''

Where would I find this inforation? I looked through the herald and rte news but can't find anything worth writing about..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

jamesr123 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm doing an assignment on CCTV and one of the main parts are ''include how CCTV has helped gardai investigate crimes and give a recent court case''

Where would I find this inforation? I looked through the herald and rte news but can't find anything worth writing about..

Look for the seminal Irish case which held that where possible Gardai must attain any available CCTV as part of a investigation for prosecution ! Can't think of it off the top of my head but if you look around you'll find it, feel free to PM if you want any more advice! Also what sort of level is the assignment for ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

3fullback wrote: »
    Look for the seminal Irish case which held that where possible Gardai must attain any available CCTV as part of a investigation for prosecution ! Can't think of it off the top of my head but if you look around you'll find it, feel free to PM if you want any more advice! Also what sort of level is the assignment for ?

level 5 fetac. fairly handy but some information is hard to find. I might pm you tomorrow when i get the chance :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Dpp V Bradish

CCTV is not just retained as part of a prosecution. It will be retained regardless of if it supports a prosecution or not.

Advertisement