Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering (storm cleanup)

Options
  • 13-02-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi All,

Just a quick question,
    Apologies if this seems a tad naive/basic but after seeing the news yesterday (and today) re storm damage, I wouldn't mind volunteering as part of the clean-up operations on the west coast/wherever needed due to the damage done by the stormy weather we've had, who or what organisation would I contact to offer my help to?

I've read through VolunteerIreland's website and, as this case is quite rare, they do not seem to mention storm cleanup etc. (also in order to apply to be a volunteer with said organisation needs Garda Vetting, ie; a two month wait, by that stage the clean-up would hopefully be finished)

Any advice would be appreciated,

K

Advertisement