Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bound by Flame

Options
  • 13-02-2014 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Could be interesting, also out on 360, PS3 and PC. Not sure why not the Xboxone.

Some voice in the trailer, from spider studios.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone thinking of getting this? I see it is going for about €19 on Nuuvem

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mswifter

Really hope this is good there's a launch trailer out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any reviews yet? I was tempted to get it purely to keep me going till watch dogs, had a look at the trophy / achievement list and its seems very much like dragon age in terms of romancing the party etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm liking the look of it, could be interesting. I'll await a few reviews first though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This one seems to have evaded my attention. The video seems horribly cliched and cheesy, but actual gameplay and graphics seem solid enough. I've pre-ordered, so I'll put up some impressions once it's unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I had it pre ordered but cancelled over the weekend.
    I've several games in my back log (including Darks Souls 2 yet to start!)
    Decided to hold off and see reviews and whether any update on it coming to Xbox one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thoughts so far.

There's a few rough edges, presumably due to the restricted budget. The voice acting is weak, the lip sync is way off. Graphically though, it's solid. The interface and controls are standard enough stuff. Combat is more in the style of Witcher 2, hack and slash with some traps and magic thrown in. The main character can't change class, but does have multiple weapon sets, main weapon, dagger set, and crossbows. And three skill trees accordingly, warrior, ranger and pyromancer. So despite the lack of character classes, there's still flexibility and variety. There's both area and directed weapon attacks, so positioning counts for more in combat.

Some shots from near the start:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577895907249623270/6C32C59C29C5D65A89C85F18318BA75887BADE83/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577895907249590113/7CAEC3F83C897028C48D7DC5CF535399DE24D2C8/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Spear wrote: »
    Thoughts so far.

There's a few rough edges, presumably due to the restricted budget. The voice acting is weak, the lip sync is way off. Graphically though, it's solid. The interface and controls are standard enough stuff. Combat is more in the style of Witcher 2, hack and slash with some traps and magic thrown in. The main character can't change class, but does have multiple weapon sets, main weapon, dagger set, and crossbows. And three skill trees accordingly, warrior, ranger and pyromancer. So despite the lack of character classes, there's still flexibility and variety. There's both area and directed weapon attacks, so positioning counts for more in combat.

Some shots from near the start:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577895907249623270/6C32C59C29C5D65A89C85F18318BA75887BADE83/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577895907249590113/7CAEC3F83C897028C48D7DC5CF535399DE24D2C8/

:eek: The boss in that first screen shot has to be one of the most imposing views i've seen for a while!!!!!!

Many comparing it to the witcher 2, also in the fact that there is a choice early on which may lead to a second playthrough following a different path.

I was going to get it earlier but no shops had it :mad:

So, 10 hours in then.

It's a competently made game for the most part, frame rate is high, seems pretty much bug free.

There's definitely some intelligence applied to the overall production design. Dead creatures drop things that they have/are made of. There's no plants dropping crowns/rings kind of thing happening. There's also no junk items to clog inventories either.

Even as a fairly advanced character you can't ignore the cannon fodder, going up a level does not suddenly make you a god among men.

The areas are all reasonably close by and enclosed. There's not much room to kite anything, so combat tends to all be in-close.

But overall there's nothing innovative or ambitious there. The story is a bit simplistic, there's very little to see of the setting due to the tight confines, the acting and dialogue is weak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    But overall there's nothing innovative or ambitious there. The story is a bit simplistic, there's very little to see of the setting due to the tight confines, the acting and dialogue is weak.
    Sounds similar to TB's feelings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement