Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend someone to realign satellite dish?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭

I'm thankful the only issue I have after today's storm is my satellite dish is out of alignment and I have no telly tonight.

Can anyone recommend a reliable person who does this work? Thanks.

p.s. I'm in the Caherdavin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Problem is no1 can work in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

steveon wrote: »
    Problem is no1 can work in this weather!

+1 You will have to wait until the weather returns to ''normal'' and there's a clear forecast before anyone who is insured and competent to do the work will even consider getting a ladder out.

That said, when the weather calms you won't get better than Steve(The poster above me) to sort you out.
    He installed a dish for me over 3years ago that is still rock solid!
    Last night I lost roof tiles and had a tree blow over in the back garden....
    But I didn't lose any TV signal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'll probably be getting on to you too Steve next week sometime.

TV aerial is barely hanging in there on the chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

anyone know roughly how much is it to get a dish on the roof realigned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Is it a sky dish?? The arm on our sky dish broke on st stephens day and we were too broke to look into fixing it until halfway through january. Once we had a few extra quid i said i'd ring sky just to see how much it would be. Now, we have our sky dish for about 8 years but when i rang up sky they said it was still under warranty until feb???(has to be a mistake?) So, they deducted the two weeks of no sky from our monthly bill and a guy came out and fixed it within a few days, all for free. Happy days. Might be worth a try anyway OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

geotrig wrote: »
    anyone know roughly how much is it to get a dish on the roof realigned ?

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

banie01 wrote: »
    +1 You will have to wait until the weather returns to ''normal'' and there's a clear forecast before anyone who is insured and competent to do the work will even consider getting a ladder out.

That said, when the weather calms you won't get better than Steve(The poster above me) to sort you out.
    But I didn't lose any TV signal ;)

Same as me, Steve did mine nearly two years ago, wile stuff was flying around outside, including a neighbours cover off their Gas boiler pipes, I was watching tv. Neither of the two satellites moved :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Originally Posted by banie01 View Post

But I didn't lose any TV signal

Steve was out to me yesterday evening. I was on my way home from town when he rang, and by the time I was home, he was almost finished - replaced a few broken bits & pieces and had my signal back as good as new in jig-time.......all for a very reasonable charge. :D

I've honestly never seen so much damage in my life, apologies to anyone that may have tried to contact me been inundated and unable to answer the phone fast enough in many cases...

Really hope the weather hold's off over the weekend! Stay safe people!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

tippman1 wrote: »
    Steve was out to me yesterday evening. I was on my way home from town when he rang, and by the time I was home, he was almost finished - replaced a few broken bits & pieces and had my signal back as good as new in jig-time.......all for a very reasonable charge. :D

i cannot recomend steveon enough, the very best there is in the buisness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

another high recommendation for steve, top bloke ..arrived when he said he would, was even there before me and fixed some of myflashing as well :) thanks dude

Happy to oblige...and thanks for the recommendation much appreciated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I called Steve yesterday to see if he could replace a dodgy pole my aerial was attached to on my chimney. The storm bent it badly and it was only time before it would go.

He called this morning, did a great job with no fuss and for a very reasonable price. Like others on here I'd definitely recommend him.

Advertisement