If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What is the word for...

  • 12-02-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

    ...someone who holds the money for a bet by two other people. When the bet is complete they give the money to the winner.

    It's driving a few of us nuts in work trying to think what the correct term is.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,206 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

    Armani has it in one, although for some reason I always thought it was spelt with a 'K' :o

  • Registered Users Posts: 20 foxborough

    Thanks Armani

    Escrow is what I was looking for. I couldn't think of the word or find it by googling and it was driving me nuts