Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email on the smartphone

Options
  • 12-02-2014 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have set my Xperia P (Android 4.0.4) to receive and send emails through two accounts of mine. I use these accounts usually with my PC and Thunderbird, but I wanted to manage the messages with the smartphone as well.
    I set up the accounts on my Xperia with a refresh every 5 minutes, the notification with the blue LED and the ringtone, and everything seems to work fine, except for the fact that the phone does not notify me of new messages unless I unlock the display, so it's nearly a manual refresh.
    I thought that it would work just as for the text messages or What'sApp, where the notifications arrive regardless of the state of the smartphone.
    More, I can't choose the ringtone for the new incoming messages because when I tap on Select Tone and the list appears, all the ringtones are mute, so I can't decide which one I like more.
    Could you please tell me what else I can/must do?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Alright, it seems that the Extended Stand-by Mode is the culprit. When enabled it stops exchanging data with the network.
    So I have to choose between a higher power consumption and the manual refresh of the email accounts.

The impossibility to listen to the ringtones remains. Any ideas?

Advertisement