Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS restoring to factory settings, then reboots again and again

Options
  • 12-02-2014 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

"User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.'

A friend of mine received this problem and he does not have his Win 7 disc.

I ran safe mode, downloaded MBAM and done a complete scan of his laptop.
    It found multiple worms and trojans, adware etc.

I removed them, done a hardware test (all good) and attempted to restart to see if it worked, same problem so I done 'system repair/startup repair' that didn't work either.

I then restored to factory defaults and the most peculiar thing is happening, it boots straight into an account 'Administrator' even though I created an another account as administrator and done all windows updates on that profile. Does not give me a choice to choose profile to use.

Every time it boots into the admin account it then runs ASUS software that starts restoring the computer to factory defaults.
    After it restarts and I'm at square 1 again. 'your desktop for the first time'

I can access the other admin account 'Marsh' by switching user. It works fine and has all windows updates installed since the factory restore.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

when in the marsh acc,run a cmd as admin and put this in "net user administrator /active:no" (no quotations).

Advertisement