Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.V. for volunteering?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

I've been looking into changing my career to do something in healthcare. I wanted to do some volunteer work first, and there certainly seems to be a lot of organisations looking.
    But they all ask for my C.V. I'm not sure what to send them. My C.V. is full of IT jobs, as this has been my career up to now. I haven't got any previous volunteer work either.

When volunteer orgs ask for a C.V., do they expect the same type as I would send an employer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Pretty much - they're assessing your skills and suitability for whatever opening they're advertising. You may need to change the language slightly and gear it toward an audience who isn't familiar with your field. If you don't have them covered already I'd add a bit about hobbies/interests outside of work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yea, it's basically the same. They just want to know what you can do so they can put you working on things you're good at. Doesn't mean you can only do that or anything.

Advertisement