Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling Galway to Newcastle West; good restaurant??

Options
  • 12-02-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Have to travel from Galway to newcastle west tomorrow and will be passing limerick roughly about midday.

Would like to stop for lunch anywhere close to the motorway between limerick and newcastle west; does anyone have any suggestions?????

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

Pub Grub or a restaurant?

How about Adare? Not sure of any place off hand but someone might know a spot out there for lunch. Dunraven Arms possibly.

Nearer the city you could try Collins

Or maybe the Creamery in Bunratty

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Cheers for the reply phog...

As long as the food is good; we dont mind stopping at the pub or a stand alone restaurant....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

Actually, PJ Clarke's in Bunratty is probably a good bet.

Great stuff phog...... might give them a shout tomorrow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Bunratty would be your best bet. A choice of places there. It's JP Clarkes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Here is the menu for the bar food:

http://www.gallaghersofbunratty.com/index.php/jp-clarkes/bar-food-menu

I have never eaten in the bar, only the restaurant, which does very nice seafood and the staff are always friendly.

http://www.gallaghersofbunratty.com/index.php/gallaghers-seafood-restaurant/a-la-carte-menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Too late but will give it a mention for future reference - Foleys restaurant in Ardagh - slap bang between Rathkeale and NCW and its right off the road - no driving far off the beaten track. Food is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

I travel that road many many times and i have to say that whenever i do stop i go into the Meadows and Byrnes in Bunratty. They have a great food area for lunch.

On a side point, wouldn't agree with the post gg2, i have tried it a number of times and the food is really hit or miss.

If its more dinner, then the restaurants in Adare do great early birds at great money and amazing food! Ones that stand out for me is The Wild Geese or 1826.

If its tea and a scone/ light lunch then two coffee shops are particulary tasty, the Market Place and Rocco (or at least its beside a shop called Roccoo)

Hello All,
    In the end we eat in Newcastle West @ Harry's Bar...... food was grand.

We had intended to stop @ Bunratty but decided to press on to Newcastle west while the going was good as the weather started to close in and get bad.

In the end; slates / tiles flew off the roof @ Harrys followed by the lights going as we finished up.

Crazy day for driving but was unavoidable fro us. Went home via croom as adare was totally backed up.

Thanks again all

Advertisement