Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a hard drive

Options
  • 11-02-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Sorry did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for and don't want to make an expensive mistake !

My wife dropped her laptop and the disk head has gone, the disk itself is (was) a "Hitachi HTS54505089a300 500GB 2.5in SATA 3GB/s 5400rpm" - just wondering do I have to replace it with a sata III disk or will a sata II disk do

I've seen PCWorld to a 320 sata III disk for €69 ish http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/WD-Mainstream-25-Internal-Hard-Drive-320-GB/315981/128.2

Is this good value & will is just fit in ?

Secondly, I've a product key for windows 7 Home Premium but no disk - how do I go about getting new media to use with the original key.

Again, apologies if its been asked, but thought this was the best place to get the right info

Comments

Advertisement