Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice hockey in Dublin

Options
  • 11-02-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Is there anywhere in Dublin for ice hockey at the minute?
    I use to play a few years ago and my brother was on the dundalk bulls under 18's team a few years ago too. Both of us wouldn't mind getting back into it.
    Still have our own gear, skates and sticks too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭PMC83

Fraid not chief, xmas rinks only which are only around a few weeks a year. Inline is being played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Ah that sucks, where would be close to the city centre for inline?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

There are a couple clubs- one or two train in ballyfermot leisure centre (Tues and Fri I think) and there are sessions in ALSAA near the airport too (only weekend I think)

yep, thats the case

Cheers guys, will try and head down to them sometime!

• Advertisement

Buzz down, alsas a great time on a sat night if theres two goalie, loads of space and some experienced players (not me!)- can be pretty quick!

PMC83 wrote: »
    Buzz down, alsas a great time on a sat night if theres two goalie, loads of space and some experienced players (not me!)- can be pretty quick!

Where would you be training? out near ballyfermot or the airport?

I go to both, on and off. Tuesday and Fridays in Ballyfermot Leisure center is a mix of drills and pick up. Alsa is just a pick up game only.

Tuesdays is the more relaxed of the sessions, theres a few beginners at that.

The guys are all a decent bunch, always room for more

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This still going on?

Its a bit on/off at the moment between the two venues, (summer numbers) best check here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325059790936017/

• Advertisement

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Thank you.

Just curious to how good you are at skating? I also want to play hockey but am only learning to skate. I don't know what standard is needed.

Just curious to how good you are at skating? I also want to play hockey but am only learning to skate. I don't know what standard is needed.

Woeful. I assumed it was ball hockey they were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Paco, some of the ballyfermot sessions used to be good for beginners, I'd start there. There's often a real mix of skill level there but all were welcome at the few I've been to.

Never skated before but love hockey, was thinking about playing myself. How hard would it be to take up does anybody think ?

Very. The skills for a non-skater will require so much work.

The coordination required is phenomenal.

In fairness depends on the person, I've seen players pick it up very fast and some a bit slower (like myself!). If you have balance and are agile enough you will see improvement after a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pokoloko

Is there any running ice hockey team in Dublin? I moved here few months ago... I've played ice hockey in Poland for over 8 years. I would like to join any team but I coudn't find any recent information about that.

Info about it is terrible. Get onto the IIHA and go from there.
    iiha.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I think the older lads go to Belfast for training. They may used the point village rink. But is closing soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement