Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big 1 market Cahir

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone sells good quality fashion items at the big 1?
    Do people sell the same products as car boot sales or is it more up market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭touts

joegdoyle wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone sells good quality fashion items at the big 1?
    Do people sell the same products as car boot sales or is it more up market?

Very much more DOWN market.

They get you to pay at the door and then the utter tat and crap that is on 5 or 6 stalls is mindboggling. It's like someone discovered the lockup Del boy forgot about in 1987. When it was out in the industrial estate it was a bit better but now it isn't worth the fee at the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭joegdoyle

Is there a good crowd going there?

="touts;88961087"]Very much more DOWN market.

They get you to pay at the door and then the utter tat and crap that is on 5 or 6 stalls is mindboggling. It's like someone discovered the lockup Del boy forgot about in 1987. When it was out in the industrial estate it was a bit better but now it isn't worth the fee at the door.[/quote]

Is there a good crowd going there?

="touts;88961087"]Very much more DOWN market.

They get you to pay at the door and then the utter tat and crap that is on 5 or 6 stalls is mindboggling. It's like someone discovered the lockup Del boy forgot about in 1987. When it was out in the industrial estate it was a bit better but now it isn't worth the fee at the door.
    [/QUOTE]

When I was in there a few weeks ago there were a handful of other people wandering around (as in 3 or 4). There definately used to be more at the old location back in the early days. But maybe the numbers dropped off there so they moved to a smaller location.

touts wrote: »

When I was in there a few weeks ago there were a handful of other people wandering around (as in 3 or 4). There definately used to be more at the old location back in the early days. But maybe the numbers dropped off there so they moved to a smaller location.[/quote]

ok, i can understand winter not getting many people. What about summer?

When I was in there a few weeks ago there were a handful of other people wandering around (as in 3 or 4). There definately used to be more at the old location back in the early days. But maybe the numbers dropped off there so they moved to a smaller location.

ok, i can understand winter not getting many people. What about summer?[/quote]

how much do they charge for entry?

• Advertisement

Don't know what summer will be like. Parking will be an issue in the new location (it is on the square in Cahir which has spaces but they are generally fairly full even without the market) so I don't think they are planning on massive crowds. €4 to get in which is a bit of a rip off considering nothing inside is worth more than that.

touts wrote: »
    Don't know what summer will be like. Parking will be an issue in the new location (it is on the square in Cahir which has spaces but they are generally fairly full even without the market) so I don't think they are planning on massive crowds. €4 to get in which is a bit of a rip off considering nothing inside is worth more than that.

I've seen on there Facebook page that they reckon they have good crowds

Advertisement