Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing chemistry at home?

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I dropped out of chemistry last month and I'm currently in 5th year, I have all the books plus the experiment book I have free time and access to Eircoms Study hub! Do you think it be wise to do it at home since I have so many resources? I was thinking during the summer exams to ask my old Chemistry teacher could I do the test to see if I am up to a good enough level?

Thanks Guys what ya think?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the plan is to do it yourself at home and rejoin the class for sixth year I think it's doable. To try to do the whole course at home on your own is a lot less handy.
    Ask the teacher can you take the 5th year Summer exam and show him/her that you have been working at home. See how you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Its exactly what im doing (im in 6th year) if you are intersted in the subject it is very do-able

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ProjectManager

I agree that it is doable, however you need to be a little careful and make sure that you have your teacher supporting your plans. REad this

http://www.examinations.ie/secmain/2011_candidiate_info_booklet.pdf

I know it is written for external student but the same principle applies. Perhaps others can confirm although I don't think you have to hand up an experiment book for marking, you do need to have actually done the experiments and to be able to show that if you are asked.

The fact that you wouldn't have attended classes in 5th year means that there are a chunk of experiments that you wont have done. Will your teacher support you in this? redo the experiments with you? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I dropped out of chemistry last month and I'm currently in 5th year, I have all the books plus the experiment book I have free time and access to Eircoms Study hub! Do you think it be wise to do it at home since I have so many resources? I was thinking during the summer exams to ask my old Chemistry teacher could I do the test to see if I am up to a good enough level?

Thanks Guys what ya think?

If you only dropped chemistry a month ago, why don't you just rejoin the class?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 viperockz

I a telling ya che is not a easy subject....we couldn't figure out **** even with the help of teacher in 6th year..doing on your own..i don't think it will be easy..you can trust me on that

• Advertisement
Advertisement