Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assessment by 'Independent Mobile Phone Engineer'

Options
  • 11-02-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

Bit of an unusual one....I've been trying to get in contact with Samsung Customer Service (since last October!) due to the LED screen cracking on an S4.

This week I eventually, after over a number of calls over the months, got through a few layers to Customer Service who told me I need to have an independent assessment write a report on the phone damage to Samsung who will then evaluate it. When I asked if they could direct me to a company who provides such reports, I was told 'a Mobile Phone Engineer', and to find one they suggested I 'check the Golden Pages'!

I presume this is just yet another barrier being put up, but has anybody any experience of actually getting a phone assessed by an 'independent mobile phone engineer'?

Thanks all!
    CH Luke

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CHLuke

Thanks Davy, I've actually had it in with another repair company. The problem I have is that the repair guys will tell me that the LED screen is cracked and that it's physical damage. In order to get Samsung to repair or replace the screen they want a report stating that the damage is as a result of faulty parts or manufacture.

I don't think it's realistic option really.

CHLuke

Advertisement