Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB Records

Options
  • 11-02-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but should the prtb be obliged to inform tenants and landlords of each others ptrb records?? Or even just make it public record ? Maybe not pending cases...
    Joke of a system though ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I've moved your query to it's own thread, please don't hijack other threads that have no connection to your query.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Markcheese wrote: »
    Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but should the prtb be obliged to inform tenants and landlords of each others ptrb records?? Or even just make it public record ? Maybe not pending cases...
    Joke of a system though ..
    What records do you mean?

Or even just make it public record ?
    Data protection

Maybe not pending cases...
    Are you just referring to PRTB claims and adjudication decisions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

odds_on wrote: »
    What records do you mean?

Or even just make it public record ?
    Data protection

Maybe not pending cases...
    Are you just referring to PRTB claims and adjudication decisions?

Decisions should be available, had someone I took a case against request the result and statements were removed from the visible records, which they were, which was crazy based on what they were up to. Guess they didn't want the record available for people to see what kind of people they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

cerastes wrote: »
    Decisions should be available, had someone I took a case against request the result and statements were removed from the visible records, which they were, which was crazy based on what they were up to. Guess they didn't want the record available for people to see what kind of people they are.
    I quite agree that the decisions should be available with the details.

The adjudications decisions are so brief, it is often difficult to understand what it was all about.

The tribunal decisions are usually better as you can usually get the what the problem/s were and the results.

IMHO, names of tenants and landlords should also always be included. I have notice that some just have Applicant X or Respondent Tenant Z.
    Certainly, Applicants and Respondents could ask for their name no to be disclosed - very wrong in my opinion.

Advertisement